We comply with the applicable privacy laws, including the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (Act).
You can find out further information about the Act at www.privacy.org.nz.
2. Personal information we collect
The kind of personal information we collect from you will depend on how you use our website. The personal information we collect and hold about you may include:
- your name
- your contact details (e.g. postal and/or physical address, email address, phone number)
- your username
- your password
- your location (e.g. address, GPS location, latitude/longitude, coarse or fine etc.)
- about your interactions with us
- your computer or network (e.g. browser identifiers/fingerprints, internet protocol ‘IP’ address, network information, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number)
- your billing information (e.g. credit card, purchase history)
3. If information is not provided
We will provide you with the opportunity to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym in your dealings with us where it is lawful and practicable (for example, when making a general enquiry). Generally, it is not practicable for us to deal with individuals anonymously or pseudonymously on an ongoing basis.
If you do not provide all or any part of the personal information we request when required, you may not be able to set up an account with us and/or we may be unable to provide (or continue to provide) products and services to you.
4. How we collect your personal information
We may collect personal information from you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via:
- our website
- an electronic form or application
- a registration or subscription process
- our contact with you (e.g. in person or by phone, zoom, email or mail)
- any other means authorised or requested by you
We may also collect your personal information from:
- publicly available information
- third parties, where you have authorised or requested us to do so
- cookies – see below
6. Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information when it is necessary for a purpose connected with a function or activity that we carry out, including to:
- verify your identity
- provide products and services
- provide you with the best service experience possible on our website
- market our products and services (see below)
- improve our products and services
- bill and get paid by you (e.g. authorising and processing credit card transactions)
- communicate with you
- carry out research and statistical analysis (on an anonymous basis)
- protect and/or enforce our rights and interests
- when you apply to be employed or contracted by us, for recruitment, employment and contracting purposes
- fulfil any other purpose authorised or requested by you
Marketing Material: By using our website, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you and if the marketing material is of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from us. We do not use sensitive personal information in our direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
7. Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our service providers who assist us in operating our website
- Our maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of conducting a credit check on you
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory or government authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised or requested by you
8. Overseas disclosure
Your personal information will not be disclosed to recipients outside New Zealand and Australia unless you expressly request us to do so — noting however that personal information and data collected by Google Analytics may be stored overseas.
If you request us to transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient will not be required to comply with the New Zealand Privacy Principles and we will not be liable for any mishandling of your information in such circumstances.
9. Third Party Services
We use third-party providers (such as Google Analytics) to perform services for us. Their use, collection and disclosure of your personal information will be only for the purposes of the third-party to perform their services for us.
Some third-party services who provide services for us have their own privacy policies. We do not take any responsibility for their privacy policies. Further, some providers we engage from time to time may be located in differing jurisdictions. These jurisdictions may have different privacy laws which your information may become subject to.
10. Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is securely stored and safe from loss, unauthorised activity or misuse. However, please be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. If you send us any information over the internet (in whatever way or format), you send it at your own risk.
11. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You can ask for the personal information we hold about you (if it is readily retrievably by us). If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us as set out below. Before we provide any information to you, we will need evidence that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
If your personal information is wrong, you can ask for it to be corrected. If we consider that the correction is reasonable (and we are reasonably able to make the correction), we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
12. Complaint procedure
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by our privacy officer and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
13. Your consent
By providing information to us (in whatever way or format), you consent to us collecting, using and disclosing that information in accordance with this policy and the Act.
14. Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy to our website at any time. The revised policy will apply from the date it is available on our website. If we make substantial changes to this policy, we will alert you that this page on our website has been updated.
If the store, or the company is sold or merged with another company, your information will form part of the acquisition so that we may continue to operate with you.
15. Contacting us
To submit an enquiry, request, complaint or otherwise contact us in connection with this policy, please contact us by email (email@example.com).
Our address is 665 Great South Road, Penrose, Auckland 1061.